Managing and operating a short-term rental (STR) is not the same as running a typical rental on a 12-month lease agreement. It’s more like running a hospitality business, but one that’s under the roof of your own house. This type of business comes with its own set of challenges.
Over the past 4+ years, we have coached clients on how to operate short-term rentals/ airbnb house hacks and manage these challenges.
Here is a list of some common challenges our clients face:
- Managing your nightly price to optimize occupancy
- It’s important to stay on top of constant guest communication. This includes providing check-in and check-out instructions, parking instructions, local recommendations, and my personal favorite, instructions on how to connect to the WiFi.
- Dealing with high turnover, which results in more wear and tear on your home
- Managing constant guest turnover
- Temperature control if there is only one thermostat in the home
- Managing noise that travels from floor to floor.
- Keeping your neighbors happy
To help mitigate these challenges, our short-term rental specialist, Ben Einspahr, offers a customized course on efficient self-management of short-term rentals.
To view this course, click here.
One of the many benefits of becoming an Envision Advisors client is that you can access this course and others for free.