For most real estate investors, there’s a pivotal moment that makes them realize they need to make a major change. For Eric Garber, that moment came in 2015 when he was hit by two atomic bombs: he got divorced, and his company of 12 years froze their pension plan. Faced with the loss of both 30% of his net worth and the 7-figure pension, he knew he needed to try something different. He started reading books and talking to people he knew and decided that real estate investing would get him on the road to financial freedom.
- Listen to the podcast “#444: How Real Estate Investing Saved Eric Garber’s Financial Future” Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video.
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
He started by house hacking, and then moved into multifamily investing with a fourplex and investing in a syndication. Being able to compare the fourplex and syndication side by side gave him clarity on his long-term goals. Even with property management, the fourplex required a lot of his attention and the returns didn’t feel worth the level of effort he was putting into it. Meanwhile, the syndication was simply netting him money with no effort on his part.
After working with the syndicators for a few years, he realized he wanted to get more involved. Now, he works with Regency Investment group as an Investor Advocate. In addition to raising capital, he’s helping educate current and prospective investors on syndications. Real estate is a powerful tool you can use to achieve your goals. Whether you’re just starting out or already well on your way, Eric’s story is sure to inspire you.
In This Episode We Covered
- How powerful house hacking can be, even when you have some questionable roommates
- Multifamily investing and the way its cash flow can fund your retirement
- How syndications offer investors a great return on investment with much less energy than actively managing rental properties
- The power of leverage in real estate investing to boost investment returns and put you on the road to financial freedom
Links from the Episode
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Set for Life
- Regency Investment Group
- Is the Latte Lie Costing You Millions?
- Investment Case Study 2023
- Eric’s contact info:
Help Us Out!
We want to know what you want to hear! What struggles are you having in your real estate investing journey? Anything have you stumped? What will help you level up your investing game?
We want to know!
Please send an email to [email protected] to submit your answers!