If you have an interest in operating an Airbnb, this is an episode you do not want to miss!
Today we discuss:
- Chris and Jesteny’s inspiration to run an Airbnb and criteria they were looking for (3:30)
- What it was like closing on a house hack where their primary source of rental income was going to be through Airbnb and COVID hit a month after closing (7:15)
- Operating an Airbnb April of 2020 vs. July 2021 (11:50)
- Chris and Jesteny’s current operating numbers (21:10)
- Airbnb Cleaning (22:05)
- Dealing with challenging guests (29:05)
- Optimizing your price to match demand. Not pricing too low during high travel seasons (36:30)
- Chris and Jesteny’s advise to anyone interested in house hacking with an Airbnb (50:30)
- Listen to the podcast “#311: House Hack Mastermind #8 – Airbnb’ing as a Couple” on the Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Guests for Eighth House Hacking Mastermind Episode
Chris and Jesteny
- Chris and Jesteny bought their home in February of 2020. They did some light remodeling in the basement unit and listed it on Airbnb in March 2020! They have been managing the Airbnb since then, and we have achieved Superhost status every quarter they are up for evaluation.
- Chris and Jesteny worked with agent Preston Newberry to find thier property.
Photos of their Airbnb House Hack
For the full conversation, listen to the podcast or watch the video!
We record these House Hack Masterminds once a month, so if you would like to be a guest on a future episode or submit a question, reach out – email@example.com.
Hosts of the House Hack Mastermind Series
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on HH#2!) and Short Term and Medium Term House Hacking Specialist
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on #5 House Hack!) and House Hacking Specialist
Ultimate House Hacking Guide and Book
In addition to the House Hack Mastermind, we launched the Ultimate House Hacking Guide which provides a detailed, specific action plan on how to buy house hacks and build a rental portfolio in Denver.
If online learning isn’t your thing, the guide is also available in book form on Amazon.