In this episode we discuss:
- Breaking a rental lease agreement to start your real estate investment journey earlier, Good or Bad? (9:30)
- Profitability vs. Comfort Scale (14:20)
- It’s not a matter of if, but WHEN challenges arrive. Ryan discusses his challenges early on and getting quotes for repairs and rehab. Quality, Price, and Speed. Which 2 do you want? (23:50)
- Keeping your tenants happy when dealing with repairs (31:00)
- Insurance ins and outs as an RE Investor (36:10)
- Where is the best place to put your money when saving up for your first or next investment property? (46:25)
- Listen to the podcast “#280: House Hack Mastermind #7” on the Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Guests for Seventh Episode
- Like most of us, Ryan read Rich Dad Poor Dad while in College. After graduating with $80k in student loan debt, he decided to put his real estate empire on hold. In five LONG years, he paid off his debt, moved to Colorado, and got really into BiggerPockets. After finally finding a job that allowed for flexibility to pursue real estate, he bought my first house hack in November 2020.
- (847) 571-1105
- Ryan worked with agent Lauren Valinoti to find his property which is featured in Deal Analysis – It’s All About Your Mindset: House Hack in Arvada.
- David closed on his first townhome in January 2021 and is currently living with family. His plan is to Nomad every year for the foreseeable future.
- (949) 573-3807
For the full conversation, listen to the podcast or watch the video!
We record these House Hack Masterminds once a month, so if you would like to be a guest on a future episode or submit a question, reach out – email@example.com.
Hosts of the House Hack Mastermind Series
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on HH#2!) and Short Term and Medium Term Rental Coach
- Active Local House Hacker (currently on #4 House Hack!)
Ultimate House Hacking Guide and Book
In addition to the House Hack Mastermind, we launched the Ultimate House Hacking Guide which provides a detailed, specific action plan on how to buy house hacks and build a rental portfolio in Denver.
If online learning isn’t your thing, the guide is also available in book form on Amazon.