In this episode, the panel discussed a variety of house hack topics including:
- Value of using a quality agent familiar with house hacking and real estate investing
- When having multiple house hacks, how much should you have in reserves for each house?
- Staying Unattached
- Dream/ideal home vs. rental home
- What is the best way to go about raising rents?
Guests for Third Episode
- Kevin never spent too much time in one place and always hated the idea of paying rent, since he was never home. While Kevin was always aware of house hacking, COVID gave him the time to do more in-depth research. He realized that not only was it an attainable goal but a prudent one at that. Kevin plans to eventually pursue real estate investing full-time.
- Vasily moved to Denver in August after 4 years of living in Seattle for his Tech gig and fell in love with Denver immediately. He swiftly bought his first house hack duplex in September and plans to Nomad his way to financial independence! He became interested in real estate investing after hearing about house hacking and BiggerPockets on the ChooseFI podcast a few years ago.
- Vasily worked with agent Scott Kimball to find and close on his house hack.
- Noelle originally planned to buy a single family home to live in for a few years and ultimately turn into a rental. That changed after learning what financial independence could really mean for the future. She thought it was not possible but now with house hack #1 (hopefully) underway, she realizes how wrong she was!
- Noelle worked with agent Preston Newberry to find and close on her house hack.
- Patrick purchased his first house hack a year and a half ago and is currently closing on his second house hack. He believes house hacking is one of the best ways to build wealth and recently started writing about his wealth-building journey on www.ExaminedWealth.com.
- Patrick worked with agent Preston Newberry to find and close on his house hack.
For the full conversation, listen to the podcast or watch the video!
We will be doing these House Hack Masterminds once a month, so if you would like to be a guest on a future episode or submit a question, reach out to Ben Einspahr – [email protected].
Hosts of the House Hack Mastermind Series
Ultimate House Hacking Guide and Book
In addition to the House Hack Mastermind, we launched the Ultimate House Hacking Guide which provides a detailed, specific action plan on how to buy house hacks and build a rental portfolio in Denver.
If online learning isn’t your thing, the guide is also available in book form on Amazon.