This property closed Q3 – 2020.
- Out of state investor with experience in multi unit properties
- Looking for a place with value add potential in a good location with strong rents
- Listen to the podcast “#236: Deal Analysis – 6 Unit Multi Family w/ Value Add Upside” on the Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Deal Quadrant: MLS
Read about the deal quadrant and finding Denver Rental Properties.
Investment Property Details
- Type: 6 Unit Apartment Building
- Four units were 2 bed 1 bath
- Two units are 3 bed 1 bath
- Location: North Aurora near Stanley Marketplace
- List Price: $930,000
- Purchase Price: $840,000
- Why we liked it:
- Seller maintained building very well
- Great Location
- In unit laundry
Property Contract Details
- Finding the property: Sitting on MLS for awhile
- Under contract: Great communication with Selling Broker. They knew our professional reputation and honest negotiations, secret sauce.
- Inspection Concerns:
- Sewer line
- Inspection negotiation outcome:
- Seller concession for sewer line
Property Financing Details
- Lender: Commercial
- Loan Type: 15 year term, 30 year AM, 3 year fixed rate @3.7%, 75% LTV, no prepayment penalty, 1% origination
- Appraisal: Above
- Seller Concessions: Yes
- PMI: N/A
- Interest Rate Buy Down?: No
Spreadsheet Rental Analysis CURRENT
Property Operating Expenses CURRENT
First Year Returns CURRENT
Spreadsheet Rental Analysis PRO FORMA
Property Operating Expenses PRO FORMA
First Year Returns PRO FORMA
This was a great fit for our client as there was the opportunity to turn and update units to increase rent and overall upside. Once the building is stabilized at higher rents, it can be refinanced to pull capital back out. The investor plans on using a non-recourse loan on the refi. A smooth transaction with great cooperation on both sides.