- Listen to the podcast “#437: An Expert’s Guide to House Hacking (What to Know Before Starting)” Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video.
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
There is only one secret to financial freedom and that is REAL ESTATE INVESTING!!
How do you start investing and what is the right strategy? In the episode, Chris Lopez, Ben Einspahr, and Jeff White discuss different ways for becoming financially free with House Hacking. They’ll analyze how long it takes to start buying properties, what strategies and techniques are out there to keep track of your house hack, as well as tips for managing tenant relationships and ensuring a positive return on investment. Whether you’re a homeowner looking to earn extra income or an aspiring real estate investor seeking to expand your portfolio, this episode will provide valuable insights into the world of real estate investing.
You’ll learn the step-by-step process of aligning your goals -check out this 2023 goal planning with Chris-, strategy, and market. We’ll discuss the importance of defining your goals (such as privacy, cash flow, liquidity etc.), the different strategies for achieving those goals (such as Airbnb, Nomading and Rent-by-Room), and finally, we’ll explore the crucial role that market plays in selecting the right investment opportunities.
House hacking offers lower interest rates and down payments than traditional investing, making it an excellent way to get started. To succeed in house hacking, it’s crucial to take action; Talk to an investor-friendly agent, get pre-approved, save up for the down payment and operating funds, and align your goals, strategy, and market.
Resources such as short-term rental, self-management, and rent-by-room courses, portfolio analysis, and our Property Llama software, are all tools you can use to help you succeed in your real estate investments.
Find the right people who are excited as you are to start building financial freedom through real estate investing, learn together, and start maximizing your cash flow! Remember to like this episode, and share it with someone who can find this information extremely valuable.
In This Episode We Cover
- Why House Hacking is a simple and effective way to achieve financial freedom.
- How House Hacking enables you to receive cash flow from the rental income while living in the property.
- Why the key to sucess is building your House Hack Stack.
- Why these common House Hacking misconceptions are not true:
- To make it work, you need to live for free.
- Living with three roommates is a nightmare (If you’re a client, you can use Envision Advisors’ lease , which is specifically designed for house hacking)
- “I don’t have time to manage a short-term rental” is often just an excuse.
- Why house hacking multifamily properties usually isn’t the best option!
- How you can still find good deals at a 6% interest rate!
- And the importance of picking your team!
Links from the Show
Use our tool to build a model buying house hacks to see how cash flow and equity are built.
Need some accountability buddies? Join our monthly House Hacking meetups!
Help Us Out!
We want to know what you want to hear! What struggles are you having in your real estate investing journey? What has you stumped? What will help you level up your investing game?
We want to know!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your answers!
Check out the podcast below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed