- Listen to the podcast “#438: The Future of Real Estate: National Trends and Their Implications” Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video.
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Since the onset of COVID-19, many of us have come to appreciate the flexibility of working from home or adopting a hybrid approach. The luxury of savoring a delicious cup of coffee while listening to our favorite music in the morning is priceless. However, how has this new way of living impacted the real estate market? Are we expecting a recession or a drop in prices? These are some of the critical questions that the “National Trends Update” webinar, hosted by real estate experts Chris Lopez, Lon Welsh, and Nick Elder, seeks to address.
The economic landscape is undergoing significant changes, and as David Stevens suggests, “this might be the only window for the next few years to get into the buyer’s market.” As a result, this is the best time for buyers to enter the market, given that not many people are buying. This has led to flat prices, an increase in mortgage rates, and a 4% annual rise in rent. Additionally, the webinar searches into historical data to examine how inflation has influenced home prices in the past and what insights we can draw from those trends.
The webinar concludes by discussing the short-term rental market’s growth in recent years and the impact it has had on the economy. If you are new to real estate investing, seeking to expand your portfolio, or managing a client’s portfolio, this webinar provides a comprehensive overview of the real estate market’s current state, based on historical trends. You can download the slides at the bottom for a more in-depth analysis of the data.
In This Episode We Cover
- How Does Work From Home Impact Moving?
- Is there going to be a foreclosure boom?
- Will prices drop?
- Denver Market starting to heat up, not enough inventory.
- Will we have a recession?
- Will Mortgage Rates Go Up or Down?
- What’s Next for Apartment Pricing?
- Are households getting destructions? (opposite to the creation of households)
- What is the rent growth for Class A properties?
- Still major supply chain issues for building new inventory.
- Relationship between 10-Year Treasury and Cap Rates.
- No Correlation between 10-year treasury and cap rates.
Links from the Show
Need some accountability buddies? Join our monthly House Hacking meetups!
Use our tool to build a model buying house hacks to see how cash flow and equity are built.
Want the Slides from the Show? Download them here:
Help Us Out!
We want to know what you want to hear! What struggles are you having in your real estate investing journey? What has you stumped? What will help you level up your investing game?
We want to know!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your answers!
Check out the podcast below!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed