As interest rates climb, many Colorado real estate investors worry whether it’s still possible to cash flow. As we’ve seen previously, Pueblo presents a fantastic opportunity for investors to buy solid properties that provide great returns. Today, we’re looking at a large duplex that has positive cash flow in the desirable Belmont neighborhood of Pueblo. We were surprised to learn that it actually performs better as two long term rentals than it did with a rent by the room model! Check out the podcast to hear the numbers and find out why we’re excited about this investment.
- Listen to the podcast “#134: How This Pueblo Duplex Provides Positive Cash Flow Despite a High Interest Rate” Colorado Springs Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Listen to the full episode (at the bottom)
- Watch the episode on YouTube
In This Episode We Covered
- How this off-market property provided both the seller and the buyer exactly what they needed—sign up for our weekly deals email list and be the first to learn about great properties like this
- The investment loan the buyers used that only requires 10% down
- More about this property’s excellent condition, unique features, and desirable location by CSU Pueblo
- Why this property performs better as two long term rentals rather than using a rent by room model for all of the bedrooms
- How the client was able to keep the same property manager and adjust the rental model to ensure cash flow
- All of the numbers that explain how this duplex generates a 7.1% cap rate and $2200 in annual cash flow despite a 7.765% interest rate!
- Why we think Pueblo is a great place to invest